Study Aids for Lesson #24
This lesson will study five aspects of the doctrine of "Forgive as Forgiven".
- The Greek word that Paul used to teach "forgive as forgiven" was charizomai rather than aphiemi.
- While all eight super grace virtues are important to maintaining healthy relationships, Paul emphasized three virtues that
needed to be "front and center" in the Church of Colossi.
- Principle: The offended spiritually mature believer must become a spiritual "first responder".
- Learning to forgive as forgiven is part of the “renewing of the mind” process, from the conformity to Old Man Cosmos Diabolicus thinking to
New Man Divine Viewpoint thinking.
- It is also important to forgive yourself as well as others.
(Eph.4:32) “Just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.”