Study Aids for Lesson #13
This lesson (part one) will study three aspects of the doctrine of "Positional Truth" in order to understand the theology of New Covenant Sanctification.
- We will begin with the unbeliever’s status “in Adam”. (Eph.2:5-6) “Even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace
you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places, in Christ Jesus.”
- Personal faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ transfers the believer from a fallen position in Adam to an exalted position in Jesus Christ.
- The Baptism of The Holy Spirit (at the moment of salvation) instantly places every Church Age Believer into union with the resurrected / ascended Lord Jesus Christ.
- Experiential Sanctification comes by walking by means of the indwelling Holy Spirit and by means of the faith cycle.
- Ultimate Sanctification teaches the Church Age Believer that he/she can NEVER be separated from his position “In Christ”.